View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 00:16   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Cinemas reopening and Odeon Limitless membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Is Luxe the one where they advertise food and drink service DURING THE FILM?.
That is something new they must be trialling. I think they are calling it "Luxe dining in". Normal Luxe is recliner seats with bucket loads of space. I understand how off putting eating sounds during the film but they have got plenty of experience doing it and it works very well. About 10 years ago Odeon opened a cinema in London called "The Lounge" which was a 5 screen cinema, adults only, proper posh bar and restaurant menu, It was all waiter service in screen and the idea is that you enjoyed a 3 course meal with however many drinks while you watch the film. I went a few films for special films and it worked brilliantly and the food was amazing. The cutlery, plates and trays were all sound proofed and the waiters wore all-black and ran and ducked as they worked their way around people. You really didn't notice them at all. The sad thing is that it was really expensive and even though it was in central London I am assuming it wasn't popular enough which is why it was closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
The whole site refers to "digital membership" and using "the app".
that is new and it will be interesting to see how that works. The membership is tied to your Odeon account so when you book tickets online or in the app it knows you are Limitless and you get them free however when you collect the tickets from the atm machines in the cinema the only way you can retrieve them is by swiping your card (whether it be debit card or limitless). It will be interesting to see if they have have replaced the machines so they have now got scanners built in which can read QR codes. I can think of better things they can spend their money on.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote