View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 22:00   #48
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

I went back to D-Link's 4.11 firmware today to compare it since using DD-WRT and for a while and it actually worked quite well and then the poor speeds came, so back to DD-WRT, but I have noticed some things with DD-WRT.

With DD-WRT quite a lot of links take a while to load, click them again or multiple times and they load pretty much instantly. Despite the poor speeds, D-Link's firmware always opens links with one click. This happens using the ISP's DNS servers, using OpenDNS' in the router and when using OpenDNS' on the adpater. Is there a setting you can point me towards in DD-WRT's admin pages that I might have overlooked that will fix this?

Tonight we are having the same poor speeds with DD-WRT as D-Link. Our 10 MB broadband has been close to that with DD-WRT, but tonight it's doing a D-Link and we can't even get half of that in various speed tests and I'm using the same settings as before. Any ideas?

A download from http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/ usually runs over 1 MB per second, but at the moment I can't get half that.

I'm getting really sick of Virgin Media's service and the D-Link router, but I shouldn't have to go out a buy a new router to get the most out of our connection. The one they supplied should be fit for purpose.

Any help greatly appreciated.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote