View Single Post
Old 12-02-2023, 18:32   #1996
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
An interesting read but unless I missed it I can't find where the actual cost is for each household, surely they have to pay something?
Closest thing I could find in the article.

Quote:
For the 150 or so households of Swaffham Prior that have, to date, signed up to join the network, the council will act as energy provider. Residents pay a metered monthly tariff — pegged below the previous year’s average oil price — plus an annual service charge, based on their number of bedrooms, for upkeep of their home’s connection and the village energy centre. Eventually, when the national price cap on electricity becomes lower, their tariff will track electricity prices. “It will always be the same or cheaper than oil. That was our criteria as well,” Barker says. “Oil prices have been peaking and troughing a lot last year. At the moment, oil prices are very high, so [our present tariff] is much cheaper than oil.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote