View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 21:59   #7894
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I can't see the point of incorporating Star into Disney+, the Asian channel audience is a completely different demographic. It would be easier to market a Star-branded app with that content front and centre in the user interface.
I sincerely doubt they intend to add a load of Indian content to Disney Plus... they’re already saying it’s a brand to hold all the content they own that may not automatically go to D+.

I suspect the new ‘Star’ platform will be wholly unrelated to Star India & Hotstar... I think the reason they are using that brand name is that 1) it’s a pretty easy name they can reengineer and align to Disney and 2) Comcast still have a 33% ownership of Hulu... using Star instead of Hulu locks Comcast out and does not risk Hulu increasing in value in case Disney force the sale in 2024 as the current agreement allows.