View Single Post
Old 21-02-2022, 11:34   #36
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The future of virgin mobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrock101 View Post
They will shut it down as I can't see O2 wanting to hold onto the Virgin branding to be honest I think they will get rid of it as its a terrible brand compared to them
The company currently has a dual brand (as per the attached). Both O2 and Virgin are powerful brands. It's unlikely that they'll choose one over the other.

I would expect a new identity to be formulated in the fullness of time.

Quote:
I was with virgin mobile years ago when it was a joint venture between Virgin & T-Mobile they were actually brilliant
It was not a joint venture, VMO2, is a joint venture between Liberty Global and Telefonica whihc both own 50% of VMO2. Virgin Mobile pre 2006 was a thin MVNO that used T-Mobile's RAN and back office. It was basically just a re-badged T-Mobile service.

Quote:
fast forward to 2006 when NTL got their grubby hands on it went down hill poor customer service and general rip off.
Virgin Mobile towards the end of the EE contract and into the Vodafone Contract transitioned from a Thin MVNO to a Thick MVNO where they only utilised the Mobile operators RAN and everything else (back office, core network, etc) was VM.

VMO2 have already advised that they are ending the MVNO contract with Vodafone and therefore Virgin Mobile will cease to be.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture1.png (4.5 KB, 201 views)