View Single Post
Old 19-07-2021, 11:18   #5476
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I rewatched it and I enjoyed it more.

Someone earlier said it's what a female James Bond should be and rewatching that's exactly what this film is. The writers and directors have clearly been inspired by Bond films. There is the dramatic start, the long opening credits (which I don't think Marvel usually do?), Black Widow has someone who gets her gadgets (I.E Q), the globe trotting spy structure and Ray Winstone is channelling a lot of Bond villain energy complete with a powerful henchman. They even have a clip of Moonraker in the film in case anyone thought these homages weren't intentional!

Also Florence Pugh is excellent as she is in most films so it's good she'll be part of the MCU in future.
The Moonraker clip was most certainly a hat-tip towards the Bond franchise, no doubt chosen as it also prefigures the location of the Red Room. There were a couple of other places where I recall thinking that they had inserted an homage or two, maybe a line in the music or dialogue, but I’ll have to see it again to remember. IIRC it should become free to regular Disney subscribers in 3-4 months.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote