View Single Post
Old 19-03-2021, 11:40   #46
Pukka
cf.member

Pukka is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The difference here is that your image shows OPENREACH FTTP (the customer’s cabinet). For that to work with VM, he would need to be in a fibre area (FTTP) otherwise it can’t be done.
On that install it was FTTC, we had the openreach modem and the router in the cab, then converted it to fibre to run to the customers house. 550 meters away. they had a mains power connection put into this cabinet as they were having electric gates installed (with remote access) and CCTV (IP Camera)

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Pukka, I'm curious what your line of business is ... what sort of customers do you normally serve with custom installs like that? I'm not sure I've ever come across a residential BT or VM customer putting that sort of kit into their garden to connect to a network.
I get involved in quite a few installs, it just about knowing how the OpenReach / Virgin Media system works.

We have done wireless point to multipoint links providing broadband to customers. this is normally a FTTC connection to a host site and then broadcast it on from their.
Pukka is offline   Reply With Quote