View Single Post
Old 13-12-2023, 11:16   #1
markhranson
cf.member

markhranson is an unknown quantity at this point
Previous Provider Not Shut Down & Still Charging

Hi,

In 2018 I transferred from utility Warehouse Phone & Broadband to a full Virgin Bundle.

No issues with the Bundle however I clearly recall part of Virgin's marketing being words to the effect of "leave it to us, we will handle everything, including switch from old provider"

Virgin had one installation issue at the time which they told me prevented that switch taking place but it would be resolved quickly and I thought nothing more of it. However the UW account is still live to this day, happily charging me but (stupid me) had not checked his Direct Debits, which would have alertetd me to this.

I am asking Virgin now to complete what they originally promised and come to some agreement regarding refund and I'll be very reasonable about this. The problem is that Virgin are now saying that they are not allowed to offer this switch and close service, and therefore implying they never would have.

Does anyone else recall this or did you actually come to Virgin and have the switch and close I'm referring to? If you have any copy of what they were proposing at the time it would be very helpful.

Thanks all.
markhranson is offline   Reply With Quote