View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 22:19   #5
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Converting conservatory into extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hi,

Iwas wondering if anyone has ever converted their conservatory into an extension?

Our conservatory is way too cold in the winter and I'd really like a log burner in there which is impossible due to plastic roof.
Parts of the roof are also not in the best of ways.

This isn't going to happen any time soon, I just wanted an idea of the costs involved?

See photo attached. Conservatory is labelled as Garden room.

I'd like to remove the house back door and bring the conservatory doors slightly further. (As seen in the bit in blue).

So there would be two entrences to the conservatory.

Thankyou.

We have just (more or less) finished converting. However we went the expensive route and had the conservatory completely demolished then a total rebuild (been going on since last June). Also had a small extension to the kitchen and had half of the garage demolished to make room. It's a bad time to build as everything is really expensive and also in short supply, including the trades people to do the jobs. Not sure what a new roof only would cost, the main problem apart from the cost is finding someone available to do it.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote