View Single Post
Old 28-10-2021, 20:17   #99
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
No, reality is a matter of perception so everyone imposes their own reality on themselves.

You may well be 100% secure in your beliefs in science but you could still be wrong just as easily I could in mine. Neither of us can prove it to the other.
Science is the approach in which we understand the reality around us. It is not an alternative viewpoint on how we perceive that reality although it can become so when we reach the parts we do not yet understand, good scientists will make that clear.

As a result, there isn't as much conflict between science and religion as people make out. Science hasn't ruled out God, it hasn't ruled out an afterlife, it hasn't ruled out that there was a creator which started this all. There are only a few things that I can think of that have been ruled out such as the Earth being 6,000 years old. Most of the 'conflict' these days is an American culture war.

But what science can prove is not a matter of 'belief'. If we were to be wiped out only for a new intelligent civilisation to emerge later then the same principles of our world would be discovered again. The laws of physics would remain the same, they would discover we go around the sun, how gravity works, that you can't go faster than the speed of light, that viruses exist even though you cannot see them and so on.

Last edited by Damien; 28-10-2021 at 20:26.