View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 18:17   #1404
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
I think it would be unacceptable if we had to pay full whack given we're losing ESPN
From a customer perspective I agree. From BT as a business perspective it wouldn't be unacceptable imo.

They are not the same company that agreed the current deal with VM.
They are completely different and the channel portfolio and rights now seems to be completely different, for the better - I add. BT could rightly ask for full payment, otherwise people are less inclined to join BT for their BB.

If VM don't get it, then they need to do something to stem the flow of people downgrading their plans. Drop our prices we pay for example.

Another reason I don't think we will get it on VM is because we haven't got Sky Atlantic. People use the example that ESPN came just before launch, but Atlantic didn't. VM considered it to be too expensive so I definitely can not see them willing to pay what BT wants for their channels.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote