GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not.

Your problem (or so it seems to me) is that you expected there to be a very rigid, straightforward plot line from the opening sequence aboard USS Stargazer which resolved the central mystery with as little fuss as possible. As long as it looks and sounds good enough to be immersive your realism factor is satisfied.

What they actually did was come up with as many different stories as you would have found in 10 episodes of TNG, then wove them together into one story. It was messy and overlapping and altogether more realistic than normal life on TV where characters only ever face one neat, self-contained problem per week.

Pervert …

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

I have no need for you to agree with me.

It has set up a whole third season and seeded any number of potential spin-offs, right at the time when the owner of the property is launching a new streaming service and is looking for programming ideas. I think it’s done the franchise a whole ton of favours.
Well looking at Rotten Tomato, the critics have the same view as you and generally approve. Shame the same can't be said for the audience scores. Link
GrimUpNorth is online now   Reply With Quote