View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 14:33   #15
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Is it time to leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
My feeling is that it is better to go somewhere rather than "running away" from somewhere.

If you are in the former you are going to a place you want to go to and have researched and planned. You are doing a positive and that's far easier to sell to family and friends and you will have worked out your support network in your new home.

In the latter you too often find you take the same problems you have to a new location. You are still you.
That is so right, tweetie. If you are focussed on doing well and you are organised in your approach, you won’t go far wrong.

The whiners amongst us will complain no matter what and will never succeed.

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I think you are crediting those behind this debacle with more intelligence that they deserve. The really interesting part are the demographics in play: no one born in this millennium voted for the current situation we're in but they are the generation who are/will be bearing the full cost of this tragedy. The ongoing demise of the generation who sold their birth right and the rise of Gen Z will define the choices of the next decade. One thing is for certain is that the Tory Party in its current incarnation is extinct. Liz Truss is the last of her evolutionary line: a true dinosaur in political terms.

One can only hope that the next choices we make as country start to remodel the "trickle up" economy and engenders a "we" mentality rather than a "me" mentality.
Oh diddums, what a pathetic lot of vitriol. My generation, on the whole, has faced many difficulties over the years and have risen above it and succeeded in life. This is despite high interest rates that nearly got the better of those who had saved up to get mortgages during the seventies, eighties and nineties they could barely pay.

You talk about the older generation as if they had special privileges, so why am I seeing my daughters doing just as well or better, and other people they went to school with doing well for themselves as well?

If you have a negative approach to everything and you are constantly feeling jealous of people who have more than you, you will never, ever succeed.

I am proud to live in this country. I don’t hark back to our former empire as people like you like to believe because I didn’t live through it and I have no desire to take over and enslave other countries.

I used to want to live in the US, but now I’m older, this does not seem such a desirable move. When I look around, I see that this must be the best place to live and others seem to agree because they all want to come here.

So, sorry, I cannot agree with your depressing view of it all and can only suggest that you emigrate if things are that bad in your opinion, but don’t just sit there at your computer moaning about everything. That will achieve nothing, I’m afraid.