View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 20:31   #5
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Is it time to leave the UK?

"the grass is always greener"

my guess is, in each other "more desirable" country, there is a forum with someone saying "is it time to leave, X looks better"

For example, Oz and NZ are often desirable countries for ppl to go to, if you have the points, I know ppl who went there years ago, have no desire to come back, I know ppl who went there, after a year or so came back. I also know Australians and New Zealanders who have come here with no desire to go back.

I also know Polish, German, and other Europeans who have settled here, and despite Brexit, are happy here still. Some came here as a couple, and have since had children here, others came here single, and met their partners here and have started families, so going back would be a massive undertaking, and maybe they have discussed going back, but they don't seem in any rush to.

However that's anecdotal, the next poster may say they've lost 1/2 their workforce as they've gone home, and there were stories that a lot of manual workers, fruit pickers etc had returned home, but I wonder if there's a lot of Brits abroad who have come back for similar reasons?

Better the devil you know?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote