View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:50   #232
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
New Master and Commander movie in the works. Not a remake but a continuation of the series with another story.

Cruella sequel in development
Master and Commander was the first of a series of novels - I think the intention was always to make more than one of them, using Master and Commander as the series title. I really enjoyed Far Side of the World and I was disappointed it didn’t get a follow-up at the time.

Apparently the original film’s plot is a mash-up of several of the original novels, so who knows what they’ll come up with for the sequel. The novels spanned years of the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin so “in universe” it won’t be odd for us to be dropping in on them again nearly 20 years later (though they could get away with claiming a shorter gap than that).

Paul Bettany’s career is definitely on an upward curve. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe who needs a leg-up at the moment. In fact if/when it comes out, I bet he has a production credit.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote