View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 22:59   #10
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thinking of moving to SKY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
Because you could halve the subscripton with a mate. Sky's top package plus multiroom is £52. You could say to a mate lets take out multiroom, you take a box to your house I'll have one at mine and we'll each pay £26.
OK we were talking about the same thing. What I said originally was, to share one subscription between 2 neighbours, there'd be a cable running from house 1 (the subscriber), to house 2. So, if you've got a cable running between houses, why not just have another cable, a phone extension, running between the houses too?

That is - how is needing to be connected to the home address's landline at all times, preventing you sharing the subscription? If you're willing to run a cable to another house you can run a phoneline extension too, solving the problem.

NEWSFLASH

I just realised what your point was. A friend living in a differnent location (not your street) with an EXISTING satellite setup but NOT paying SKY anymore could plug in YOUR 2nd box and card.

I was thinking of the setup where they'd be connected to YOUR satellite - meaning they'd have to be a neighbour. It never occurred to me that you could use a different satellite. I assume there ARE some neighbours who do this (a strategic hole in the shared wall would do the job).

Do you get me now?

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii
So, why hasn't anyone come up with a way of faking the reply from the boxes back to Sky yet? Surely this would be highly profitable for them?
Like a little electronic box that fakes a landline signal? Sounds tricky, depends on what the STB does with this connection to check. I'm sure the thing would be out there if it was possible.
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote