View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 15:03   #1
kriscorrie
Inactive

kriscorrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems With My Wireless Belkin Router And NTL

Hello,

Im almost certain that this problem is a hardware fault with the router, but im looking for some confirmation. (Please Help)

Ok i bought a Belkin 54G (Model:F5D7230uk4) from PC World yesterday. I took it home and ran through the very good setup utility in order to set my modem and router up correctly. Everything went really smoothly, and i was happily connecting to the internet through both the computer that connects directly to the router and wirelessly through another computer using a USB adapter. However, after around 10-15mins my connection died, when i investigated it appeared that my router had "crashed". (the "Power" and "Wireless" LED indicators had both went blank, and the LAN LED for my local computer had turned to orange). So i rebooted the NTL modem and the router as well as my PC, this appeared to fix the problem until after another 10 mins the same happened again.

As i said im almost certain that theres a hardware fault on the router, but i wonder if anyone has experienced similar issues with a Belkin Router, or if anyone sees something obvious that could be causing the connection to "crash"?

thanks in advance

kristofer
kriscorrie is offline   Reply With Quote