Thread: VPN woes !
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 15:30   #7
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VPN woes !

Assuming you are using Win XP, there are some easy wizards available to setup your VPN connection (assuming that tha is how it was done originally, and you didn't load in other software).

You should be able to find most of the info you need to setup a connection from your old work PC settings. Look under Network connections in Control Panel. There should be a listing for the VPN connector you use in there. Right clicking will enable you to see Properties. The key one you will want is the Host Name / IP address of destination under the general tab. Most other things should be able to be defaulted (but worth copying them down anyway).

Running Win XP Home, I have options under control panel and Network and Internet Connections to simply "Create a connection to the network at your workplace". Run that and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
That is exactly what I am doing.

The thing is...it does not appear to actually have the internet connection wizard
That's got me stumped. What OS are you using, and is it effectively a dual OS machine?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote