Thread: VPN woes !
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 14:32   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: VPN woes !

What is it with VPN today, everyone is having problems:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=23693

To be honest I don't know if it can be done using shared internet connections on PCs. You might want to try:

The first question, can you new main PC get a VPN connection. If it can that rules out any issues between it and the internet. If it cannot, that's going to be the first thing to sort.

Are there any firewalls running on your main PC, you'd need to permit VPN passthrough.

I hate to say it, but can't resist, this might be where just having a router would be the simple way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Maybe the VPN needs a proper public IP to work, rather than a private IP obtained from the main PC using ICS? Could you swap them round, so the one you want to use VPN on is the main one connected to the internet?
Wouldn't have thought that was it. After all I'm behind a router here that issues private IPs to the PCs, with public IP issued to the STB/router by the NTL network.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote