View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 11:49   #597
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
And is Paul meant to review all of the medical evidence provided for this site? Or pay someone? Is there a right to appeal for site administrators (who to? And at what cost?).

Totally unworkable. A data protection nightmare too.
How website owners manage their affairs is down to them, but for their own sake it would be advisable for them to satisfy themselves that they are being compliant with the law as the penalties for not doing so can ultimately lead to imprisonment. I guess that this is why Facebook have taken on more moderators.

@peanut Sorry, I omitted to say that one of the problems has been that websites weren't taking down inappropriate posts in a timely manner or (frequently) at all.

At one point facebook sacked a load of moderators, I assume to increase their profits. Now that the owners could face sanctions for not running their business in a fit & proper manner, more moderators have been taken on.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's not what he was saying at all.
I hope not. What do you think itshim meant when he said what he said? Ironically, because of my own cognitive issues, I can sometimes misunderstand things.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote