View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 11:34   #595
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
No two brains work the same, so technically everyone is "neurodiverse".

Seems like just another "buzzword" used by people to excuse them being an asshole.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...neurodivergent

Neurodiversity is a word used to explain the unique ways people's brains work. While everyone's brain develops similarly, no two brains function just alike. Being neurodivergent means having a brain that works differently from the average or “neurotypical” person.2 Jun 2022

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Like so many other words , titles , and so called problems that snowflakes have today they really need to get a grip.
I can't believe that you actually think that people that are born on the autistic spectrum, that people involved in an accident that injures their brain, people that have had a stroke, people that develop dementia just need to get a grip because
they are 'snowflakes'?

For goodness sake, think about what you're saying.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Well I suppose if you make too many inappropriate comments regardless of being neurodiverse or not, you'd get warnings first probably and then mostly likely end up being banned from such site(s). Or would that kind of action be discriminate towards such people?
Website owners have to comply with the Online Safety Act and the Equality Act. They cannot be accused of disability discrimination if they have not been made aware that a person is disabled, so it's in a everybodys interest for any issues to be made known to then in order for adjustments'etc to be made to take account of their disability.

Perhaps a question regarding this could be asked at the sign up stage??

If what they have posted becomes a legal matter (and they have chosen or been unable to notify the website by the very nature of their cindition) it may not transpire that they are neurodiverse until late in the day if this is to be used as a defence.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote