View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 06:29   #2847
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
He doesn’t, but wouldn’t ending the war sooner save them too?

Not sure what your point is.
Indeed. Much whataboutery.

The last time I mentioned that conscripts were on both sides there wasn't much sympathy for the Russians.

Hugh may find his meme dismissing my posts as funny but when you scratch the surface it's actually quite callous.

There's actually much agreement about many features of this war:

Ukraine are losing.
Ukraine can't "win" (I'm yet to see an achievable definition of this).
Support needs to be much more than it has been to date to stand still.

The only real question is whether you believe support will actually come otherwise the only function of the meat grinder is to slow Russia down to protect Poland. There might be merit in this tactically from Poland's perspective but I'm not sure it's one that adequately informed Ukrainians would necessarily fight for which is why a functioning political opposition and a free press important. Also why I reference conscription so often - a Ukrainian volunteer army can go and have itself slaughtered chasing the Crimean dream for Zelensky all it wants.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote