View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 08:16   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: FA Cup replays to be scrapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Questions? Is football better viewed on the TV or by fans actually attending the stadiums? Is the cost greater viewing on TV or actually attending every match that your team plays? Just how much time would have to be allocated on TV for everyone to view the football they want to watch and how much would it cost?
Has sport and football become just too expensive to watch and support?
You often get a better view of specific incidents on television with their closer cameras and replays but the atmosphere is much better at the stadium, depending on where you sit you can also get a view of the entire pitch in a way you wouldn't on tv giving you a better understanding of how teams are set-up e.t.c.

It's much more expensive to watch the Premier League in person than on TV. Both are expensive.

---------- Post added at 08:16 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I can understand why Premier League clubs want replays scrapped from when they enter the competition but I see no reason to scrap replays for rounds one and two.
Well, the main argument for replays is the smaller sides wanting to be drawn against one of the big teams for the TV money and gate receipts. Not going to happen in the first two rounds and fixture congestion also impacts lower-league football with their bigger leagues. I think a lot of these clubs would be happy to skip replays if they were drawn against teams from the same division.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote