View Single Post
Old 16-04-2024, 14:38   #35
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Iran attacks Israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I believe US intelligence said that Iran had no pre-warning of the 7 October attack. Not that they would have objected to it.
Yes, I’m sure the organisational flow chart has only a dotted reporting line from Gaza back to Tehran. Iran’s strategy has been ‘strategic ambiguity.’ We know they’re behind it, they know we know they’re behind it, but they prefer (until now) for there to be a lack of hard evidence that they're behind it.

Note that this week, most of the Arab states that would once have gleefully helped bomb Israel to pieces all lined up to help bring down Iran’s attack. Saudi Arabia is only waiting for the Gaza situation to die down before quietly signing the treaty with Israel they have long been working on.

This long ceased to be what we used to call the ‘Arab-Israeli dispute’. Palestine’s ongoing instability and especially Hamas’ continuing brutal rule in Gaza is all Iran’s work. Their money, their training. Have no doubt a reckoning is coming - Israel knows it is going to have to deal with the problem at source sooner or later, and I wouldn’t bet too heavily against them looking to address it sooner, given this week’s developments.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote