Thread: General Virgin TV (2024)
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 15:43   #274
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What's the difference?

You yourself a mere 15 months ago were waxing lyrical about their position in the future over tired, boring, linear channels.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=660
I’ve just answered that one on ‘The Future of Television’ thread. I stand by what I said, not by your interpretation of it.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Well, it is only a mechanism to launch selected channels from the EPG, the channels are still there in the Pluto app for anyone wishing to watch them on a V6 box. It does make you think though, how long was it since Virgin said that various Pluto channels were to be integrated with the EPG? Months after the announcement they only manage a partial launch.

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

Not just a shift. OB has designed revolving goal posts just for this forum.
You are clearly misconstruing my posts. I suggest you re-read them. Don’t let jfman lead you up one of his nonsense winding paths.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
tbf, we had a similar volte-face about advertising on Streamers…

Apparently, nothing is fixed except there won’t be broadcast TV channels by 2035…
You’ll have to explain that. You are either trolling or suffering memory lapses.

The streamers are coming into their own, just as predicted. Now just watch as the linear channels start falling away. Anyway, this nonsense is for the ‘Future of TV’ thread.