View Single Post
Old 25-02-2024, 19:43   #2323
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I think the likes of SKY as we know it are on borrowed time tbh, we will see a overhaul of pay tv in the very near future, vm, ee and SKY are already going that way by including other subscriptions such as Netflix, paramount+ into their tv packages.
No OB this isn't the death of linear tv, that will continue on.
I don’t know what makes you so sure. It’s up to the broadcasters whether they think it is worthwhile to continue to maintain their scheduled channels.

I think they will view the linear channels to be more trouble than they are worth, but we’ll see.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
They’ll all be upping the number of ads until people cancel in significant numbers.
That’s why the correct thing to do is to have a free AVOD version of all streamers. People subscribing to an entertainment service do not wish to have advertisements added. Sky is an absolute ripoff for introducing and maintaining this practice. But even Sky might be starting to come around to this view.