View Single Post
Old 14-02-2024, 21:10   #807
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I'm utterly pissed off that I can't record on Stream.

As I said on this site somewhere a few years ago, I was suspicious that all this new fangled streaming was simply bookmarks on servers to ondemand shows and that's exactly what Sky Stream is. I hate it.

Once we lose our conventional linear tv system, we'll never get it back and all the power won from the days of the wars over recording onto VHS will be lost to the American tech giants aka New Hollywood.

And my tv doesn't work when the internet fails, nor does my phone. But hey, that's progress...
Transmitter faults were a thing back in the good old days Things were also more likely to go wrong at the play out suite back in the day as well. It’s exceptionally rare these days but the card with ‘TEMPORARY FAULT’ broadcast with easy-listening muzak was far from uncommon on our screens.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote