View Single Post
Old 13-12-2023, 11:23   #1124
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Hamas Israel War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
There is a huge gap between what you write, condemning Israel as distinct from condemning Hamas.

I know exactly what you mean: It's the question as to whether or not Israel should continue its mission in the light of the civilian deaths.

Your answer is obviously 'No'. But you are not on the receiving end of Hamas rockets; you were not involved in the barbaric murders of 1200 Israelis. From Israel's point of view, eliminating Hamas is the goal they must achieve.

Then you'll say that Hamas will never be eliminated; the next generation will rise from the ashes etc. And then you might go on to say that a political solution for 2-states must be negotiated to avoid the next catastrophe..

Well yes, you'd probably be right but the 2-state solution requires will on both sides and that includes the Ultras of Israel and the cooperation of Iran. All pigs will fly stuff.

So what will stop the Israeli military action?

1. They've captured the Hamas leaders;

2. They declare their mission accomplished. That's possible and 31-Dec looms.

3. External political pressure (and no further supply of materiel) wins the day.

I know how to answer you. I can quite see why you don't know how to answer me.

Cessation of support from the US and more pressure from the international community will likely end the invasion.

I think we all must also acknowledge that the method chosen by Israel to try and eliminate Hamas was chosen by some extent by the objective of keeping Netanyahu in power.

I am concerned that there is no robust plan for governing the Gaza when this happens.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote