View Single Post
Old 14-11-2023, 12:14   #6321
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: What have you just bought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The first thing to do with a high end TV is disable the energy settings otherwise it ruins the picture, this TV doesn't have a backlight only a brightness setting which I leave close to max, other setting modes can reduce the picture brightness, think it's local dimming which controls the brightness in individual areas depending on what's on the screen.

The QN95C out of the box settings I find fantastic so didn't turn anything off apart from Local dimming set to high and contrast enhancer off and tweaked a few other things it was far easier than my older KS9000.

I have to becareful not to shake the house as my ears are not perfect and don't want to annoy the neighbours but the sound is great through the soundbar and speech is very clear for me.

I've just been offered a firmware update not going to risk installing it!

I think you will find that is does. I believe the whole point of the Q led system is to backlight the panel with mini LEDs so the local dimming works a lot better