View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 17:29   #712
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpymoo View Post
Who are these maniacs who plan their daily schedule around linear TV scheduling?

I regularly get home from work and watch News at Six anytime between 7pm and 8pm while making dinner.

I do not have cable TV or a TV aerial in the house so rely on the broadcasters web platforms.

Freely cannot come soon enough.
I’m not sure very many people plan their evenings around scheduled TV … home video recorders have been a thing for 40 years now. I do like to see the news at 10 though … sort of helps me wind down for bedtime.

You’re right about Freely though, navigating through multiple broadcaster apps is a pain if all you want to do is see what they have scheduled. I still refer to the Freesat app on my iPad for that - it has a full 8 day forward EPG, and an 8 day retrospective guide so you can see what you missed and therefore what’s likely to be on the broadcasters apps.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote