View Single Post
Old 28-09-2023, 19:58   #52
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: 20mph is just the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I've just had to drive up to the local hospital. And it had started raining. I drove off the 20mph estate, onto the rare bit of 30mph arterial, and was being passed by vehicles driving at 40mph+. Then onto the 20mph roundabout, and they were appearing around the tree-obscured bend at 30mph+. Not fun. Those that always drove too fast are still driving too fast even in heavy rain.
Exactly why speed limits are needed. A lot of drivers are f*wits. Best case they'll get caught at some point, worst case an accident causes them to think again. Things have got worse l. I blame lockdown , where anything went.

After dark when the police have gone home speed limits are totally disregarded where I am. 20 mph wouldn't be needed if there weren't so many behind the wheel, who see nobody outside their metal bubble. It's an increasingly selfish society and this is just one of the symptoms.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote