Thread: Threads (App)
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 16:21   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Threads

I’m so triggered by its title. Genuinely had nightmares for ages when the BBC screened that. The fact the opening monologue was done by the same bloke who used to voice-over QED, the BBC’s regular weekly science and innovation documentary, lent it an additional air of authentic Armageddon.

Anyhoo … I downloaded it this morning. So far it looks half-built. Little more than insta with the photos removed. I suspect they’ve rushed it out to capitalise on Musk’s ongoing vandalisation of Tw*tter. If they really do want a billion users they will have to do what they have always resisted doing with instagram and give it web and tablet versions that make best use of the larger screens. If they insist on restricting it to phones they will struggle to pick up the institutional users that used to make the bird a reliable place to go for up-to-date news and information.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Anyone joined up yet? It does look like it could have legs. It’s almost identical to Twitter only with a slightly less annoying billionaire in charge and without the ever right wing leanings.

that_bloke_russ if anyone feels like a daily dose of sarcasm, occasional attempts at humour and amusing pics I find online but claim as my own,
I found that_russ_bloke. Do you have an imitator or is that you?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote