View Single Post
Old 31-05-2023, 09:54   #70
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm surprised at you, Andrew. We're dealing with the CS code here and impartiality.

When it transpired that Gray was to become a high-up in the Labour Party, it immediately begged all the questions about her impartiality. And remember, Starmer repeatedly refused to say when Gray had been first contacted. Here impartiality was not "seen to be so".
I don't have an issue with civil servants moving to political parties. I think the timing that Hugh outlined provides us with confidence that her report was not an attempt to curry favour for a job. Besides, her capabilities are well known and respected by government and opposition alike so would get a good role on her own merits.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote