View Single Post
Old 20-05-2023, 12:56   #2435
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Massive kick in the teeth for Putin. Long range missiles now F 16s is quite an escalation

I don't like it
Obvs I have no idea how old you are, but for my part I remember the early 1980s (doubtless there are folk here who also remember the Cuban missile crisis in 1962). I remember Threads on BBC1, I remember Tomorrow’s World’s ICBM special which was timed to last as long as a missile would take to get from the USSR to the USA, and I remember a new air raid siren being installed in the play park near our house.

Basically, I guess what I’m saying is things have been far worse in the past and the chances of Putin being able to launch nukes now, even if he wanted to, are very much reduced. Every red line NATO has crossed has been met with fury from Russian TV hosts and absolutely nothing whatsoever from the Russian government apart from sullen press releases. Of course there are always risks in geopolitics but I don’t think you need to worry too much.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote