View Single Post
Old 17-05-2023, 19:59   #593
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
If you read the stories referenced (which I'm sure you didn't) you would see:

This is in regards to people that can afford school dinner not paying for them.

I pay for my kids dinners.

It's not about people that were on free school dinners.

Parents owing up to £75, if they can't pay then they should seek the assistance that is available. Why should the school pay for parents that can't be arsed?

She didn't say that that either, she said the focus of policy should not be on pushing a few kids from disadvantaged backgrounds to elitist universities or careers but to lift a whole generation of kids into improved education and good job outcomes.

Some will go to uni, but not to focus on them and leave the other kids to wallow on the council estates they need to elevated themselves from.

Seems like a good policy to me......unless you're against kids from poorer backgrounds bettering themselves?

This was what Labour was about, good paying jobs for all, with no need to attend Uni, if it wasn't for you.

Which to be to honest, after Blair, the left don't seem to care about nowadays.
Seems like you subscribe to the Victorian school of values: know your place and if you can't afford food, starve.

Just watch her keynote speech at the NatC conference:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1658134915202834433

Barking mad ...