View Single Post
Old 16-05-2023, 10:03   #1
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Mobile companies and offshored call centres

I am a customer of Plusnet Mobile and have been aware that Plusnet will soon disappear and be subsumed into the EE brand - BT residential I think will follow soon after. Therefore, all customers of Plusnet will become customers of EE.

I called up Plusnet Mobile yesterday and got a message saying that Plusnet Mobile is no longer available to new customers and when I asked for more information I was told that I would soon receive a communication telling me that Plusnet Mobile would be switched off and in order to continue to receive services I would have to become a customer of EE.

EE is much bigger that Plusnet mobile so it is likely to use lots of call centres in different locations so I am wondering if EE uses offshored call centres.

I am also thinking about moving to another provider as I don't really want to be an EE customer, and probably pay more than Plusnet Mobile charges me as I don't use the internet on my mobile handset. Therefore, with EE I am likely to have to pay for data which I would never use.

All of this means that I am considering going to a new provider who will offer me a rolling 30-day contract consisting of just calls and texts but I won't go with a company that offshores its customer service. Among the providers I am considering are Tesco Mobile, Sky and GiffGaff but there may be others who also provide what I need whose entire customer service is based in the UK so any suggestions/thoughts would be much appreciated.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote