View Single Post
Old 13-05-2023, 09:29   #2043
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Vietnam is to make site owners verify a person's identity before they can post on user generated sites.

This is to help prevent scams and will also help to prevent trolling, harrassment etc.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If people are prepared to do/say something on the interbet, they should be prepared to explain why they did it and face the consequences and I will be mentioning this when I am next in contact with Ofcom. They will no longer be able to hide behind some silly made up name, instead they will be personally identifiable and connected to any inappropriate behaviour.

When their reputation, education/employment opportunities are at stake, i'm sure that their behaviour will improve dramatically.
When you start a proposal by using as an example a country whose Human Rights record is appalling, you may not be making the argument you think you are…

https://www.hrw.org/asia/vietnam

Quote:
Vietnam’s human rights record remains dire in virtually all areas. The ruling Communist Party maintains a monopoly on political power and allows no challenge to its leadership. Basic rights are severely restricted, including freedoms of speech and the media, public assembly, association, and conscience and religion.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote