View Single Post
Old 25-04-2023, 19:52   #2028
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
RemGuess it was just banter but I clearly remember being told that there was a work around .in the days of ntl, no idea if in fact it was true.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

remember seeing a market in the isle of Wight with a stall offering to chip sky boxes , was there every time I went so at least a couple of months ,guess it worked,
They could chip Sky analogue boxes en masse, but i've read that hacking a Sky box only works for that particular box. As each box would have to be individually done, it's not feasible. I assume in the world of digital that it's the same fir Virgin.

I was offered 'free' Virgin recently, presumably it's now done via card sharing, but I'm not botherred for sports and I can get Sky Movies for £1 a month legitimately with Now TV, but these days they aren't even worth that!

It's not exactly free either as you have to pay a one off cost and the box may work for a year or maybe a day with no come back, so there's the financial implications as well as the moral and legal implications to consider.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote