View Single Post
Old 25-04-2023, 06:42   #2025
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
He had broadband, phone and a legitimate V box in the living room at the time. The dodgy box was to be used in his bedroom.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

These allegations were made by the Virgin engineer when I chatted to him whilst he was installing the dodgy extra box.

I did a search about what he'd said when I got home and the general consensus on the internet was that this was believed to be the case. It also said that it was considered good etiquete to subscribe to the basic subscription when accessing unauthorised pay TV .

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this was encouraged and, to be clear, the engineer hadn't been sent by Virgin to do it! He came in his own time.

I couldn't find anything about the return path, which is why I asked sirius about this.

Can anyone who had a dodgy box confirm if they could access VOD on them? I think that my late friend was told that he could access any VOD/PPV event, but it's a long time ago now and I obviously can't ask him. If people could access these services, it must have had a return path- so I can't understand how these boxes were invisible to the network and thus detectable as dodgy boxes on the network.

It's all acedemic now as it's so long ago, but i'm just curious.

I do remember that Virgin put up a slate that appeared on dodgy boxes that said something along the lines of 'You are watching on unauthorised equipment. To subscribe call xxx, no questions asked'!
Richard please be clear i never have and never will talk about ways to circumnavigate set-top box encryption on here or anywhere else. As for your other accusations that Virgin allowed this to happen you are completely wrong and if someone was found to be doing it they would be instantly dismissed.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote