View Single Post
Old 22-04-2023, 20:41   #1991
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Maybe the Government will make it a criminal offence to use WhatsApp?

I doubt that most people would risk the consequences of using a proscribed platform. The remaining users are likely to be using a platform using end to end encryption for questionable purposes, so O suspect that they would go after the remaining users.

Also, money talks and Whattsapp may eventually relent when they realise how much money/market share that they will lose. At the moment I suspect it's nothinf more than verbal jousting.

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Looks like they will bypass this by going in through a back door to circumvent efforts to hide what's being said;

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/e...-a9030046.html
simple question for you Richard

Do you think that the Government even if they had a back door can check every single message sent just on WhatsApp in a day ?.

Then add-in every other encrypted message service and i think you will find it's a big fat no. Also look at how many people are now using VPN's and it becomes impossible to check every single message.

It is simple to setup a WhatsApp account via a burner phone. There are also other options that i am not going to post here but they work just as well.

It was your posts on here about this subject that made me to decide to use a VPN, It was your posts on here about this subject that made me use other methods to block my traffic from snooping. So well done in ensuring my internet usage is secure and nontrackable

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer

Last edited by Sirius; 22-04-2023 at 20:48.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote