View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 18:14   #447
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Will Virgin Media finally move BBC THREE HD to Channel 113 in Scotland and Wales.

As Virgin did launch some channels on a Tuesday after Easter Bank Holiday Weekend in past years.

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
BTtv has all 10 in their EPG in SD and HD.

I don't see why Virgin can not put Red Button 5 in EPG even if part-time. Sky don't have it in their EPG but do have lots a part-time channels that go completely off air for hours, or even weeks.

Sky use streams for much of their Red Button coverage. You get SD from satellite but the SkyQ box switches to a stream and provides HD for the same programme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
BTtv uses IPTV by default so the efficiencies are already there. I mentioned the missing HD flag. It is an EPG flag, so isn't critical for a red button service. Having said that, there are quite a few off-EPG services which do have the HD flag.

I won't suggest that Virgin should switch to broadcast HD streams for part time red button services but HD IPTV streams would be nice (as with SkyQ).

I feel Virgin may give BT Sport 5 a EPG Channel number - like they do with BBC Red Button 1 is on Channel 991.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info