View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 15:11   #8
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: Help me stash my cash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The FSCS guarantee is all you need worry about for <£85k. ( unless the UK government goes bust of course!). The bigger banks have bigger over heads and their headline deals don't last long once they've snared enough in.

Premium bonds are also worth considering. For instant access you won't get better atm, depending on your luck of course, and I was very lucky last month
I did OK last month as well, in fact the best month in 10 years or so of owning them. Not sure about the stocks and shares ISA's at the moment. I have one of the "safer" ones based more on a higher percentage of bonds and it has tanked over the last 14 months, my son has the riskier high share percentage which is faring somewhat better (but still -ve interest). Can't understand why bonds are suddenly doing so badly when they're normally very reliable. Bit like the mortgage market, seems to have spiralled downwards for inexplicable reasons
daveeb is online now   Reply With Quote