View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 20:16   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Wink Re: Cap on buying yourself out of a Virgin contract to be scrapped.

When it was NTL I remember they only charged the equivalent of what you would have paid if you had downgraded all services to the minimum available.

I suspect that a lot of people will be 'moving' to a friend/relatives address outside of a Virgin area. If they're only renting a room there they won't have any evidence of bills being in their name, so a letter should suffice.

Even better if they know people who live abroad!

I think the only legal way they'd be able to check a person hadn't moved out would be when the electoral register is updated, so people would need to ensure that they opted to go onto the edited register that companies etc have no access to. I doubt they'd take it that far, but you never know with this money grabbing company these days.

In any case, if nobody returns the annual canvass form to update the electoral register at a property, they tend to leave the existing occupants on the register for 2 or 3 years. This means that some people are on the register twice, but can only legally vote once*

* Some students are allowed to vote twice at certain elections for their home & term time address.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote