View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 17:45   #2398
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yeah, I’m sure the desire not to have their language and culture erased, or watch their wives and daughters getting raped by gangs of Russian mobiks has had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with it. Those Ukrainian lads are only heading down to Bakhmut at gunpoint.
What about the men whose wives and daughters are over here, never to return?

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Do you mean just like the U.K. and the USA during WW1, WW2, and the Korean War?

Conscription is normal practice when an existential threat is happening to your country…
I lose track are we back at all powerful Russia that could march on Berlin within weeks or Russia on the brink of defeat if only Europe would donate more American weapons?

Here I thought the notion of young men being sent to the slaughter in the name of competing global ideologies died out after Vietnam but I guess as long as it’s not American blood dying for their interests that’s fine.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I think this war will drag out until the west joins in are Putin is ousted.
It’ll never end. Ukraine ends up a hollow shell of a state acting as a de-facto NATO outpost. It’s women and children in Europe and it’s men in graves.

America will hyper-privatise everything to US multinationals to pay off the ever increasing amounts of debt it is accumulating.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote