Old 01-04-2023, 13:36   #5003
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Seph, she may have been economical with the actualité with regards to "car manufacturers in Northern Ireland"...

There appears to be only one (Crossle Car Company) which made Formula Ford and Formula 2 track cars (at it's peak in the 70s, it made 100 that year). I say "appears", as the company was taken over in 2012, and on it's web home page it states

There have been no updates after this post/date, but looking on their Facebook page (there are one or two updates per year), it appears to be mainly focused on maintaining/refurbishing previous track cars they manufactured in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/people/The-...0063552693792/

Other than that, not much car manufacturing happen in Norn Iron...

(and it costs between £2 billion and £10 billion to set up a new (large scale) car manufacturing plant - I can't see HMG funding that...)
I wouldn't be surprised if they started trumpeting the benefits of the deal for the West Yorkshire deep-sea fishing industry next. Just for information for our southern friends - West Yorkshire is landlocked unless they expect coastal erosion to accelerate in the coming years in which case this maybe one of the 30 year benefits OB was talking about.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote