View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 00:14   #55
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Cancel culture at the BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I agree with most of what you say but Lineker was comparing the language used by the government, not its actions.

I'm not arguing if he's right or wrong on the point he makes, but I feel there's an important distinction between criticising language and criticising actions.
I don’t think Seph was arguing that point either. Seph disagrees, but respects Lineker’s right to say it. Language is ultimately an action.

That’s the interesting thing about the Redwood tweet above - a complete deflection from the issue at hand. I do disagree with what the state broadcaster pays for the presenters of English football highlights compared to the pittance it pays for actual live football in Scotland.

However it’s irrelevant to the issue at hand.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote