View Single Post
Old 23-02-2023, 15:07   #11175
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
A Comcast/WBD combination would be interesting for the UK sports market. Would the CMA allow Sky's 11 channels, and TNT's seven, under common ownership? My answer is: probably not.
Assuming a Comcast/WBD merger was even allowed (and I have my doubts it would pass unless they can somehow position it as a big shield against a big tech monopoly) I think it’s likely there would need to be some serious divestments or spins to make it happen… suspect on this side of the Atlantic it’s obviously sports like TNT and Eurosport more so than entertainment whereas in the US, it’s issues like CNN and MSNBC and flagship channels like TNT and USA.

My honest thought is that Comcast themselves are probably only interested in the prominent creative assets such as the studio, the library, DC, Potter and HBO… think they’d be happy to let a lot of the tv assets go as I’m not sure how additive they are for them.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote