View Single Post
Old 21-02-2023, 22:15   #11159
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Except Eurosport channels tend to be on platforms' base packs.

Some questions:
  • Brand name - I would expect it to be Discovery Sport
  • Channels - I would expect less than the current seven (Five BT, two Eurosport)
  • Pricing - I would expect as per BT Sport at the moment (£25-£30)
  • Base packs - Eurosport currently offers two channels in the bas packs. There might be a contractural obligation with VM and Sky to keep two channels in their base packs for a little while yet.
I expected the Discovery Sports name to be used too, considering there is a Discovery Sports website seperate from the main WBD one.

As for channels, no mention of channels in the press release. Looks like it maybe the the end of the BT and Eurosport channels as the whole lot is put on the streamer and talking of which...

WBD announced only a few weeks ago that Discovery+ would not be merged into HBO Max now and perhaps the pricing issue is the reason.

Who would pay possibly £40+ for a merged Discovery/warner service? Keeping the sports seperate means that those people (like me) who aren't that keen on sports and won't pay for them, may still pay for a sport free HBO Max service in the future.