View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 16:36   #1976
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Does anyone know if existing gas boilers can run on hydrogen or be converted to do so?

Will the existing gas supply be changed to hydrogen or will we need a storage tank in a similar fashion to those that use oil?
https://www.hellohydrogen.com/?gclid...xoCWmMQAvD_BwE

Quote:
Will I need to change my boiler?

Yes, new boilers will be needed for homes to use 100% hydrogen. The benefit of a hydrogen-ready boiler is, it will fit in the same spot as your old one and manufacturers have committed to ensuring they will be the same price as a traditional boiler.

You also won’t need to upgrade your boiler until it runs to the end of its natural life. Think of it like HD-Ready TVs that were introduced before the rollout of High Definition TV channels – they worked with the old and new technologies seamlessly and the speed of the switchover was done at a gradual pace region by region.

Manufacturers are already making and testing hydrogen-ready boilers, which can be easily converted to use 100% hydrogen in the future. These are expected to be ready for sale in large volumes from 2026. Boiler makers have said they will need at least three years to develop and produce the hydrogen-ready boilers at scale to keep prices low.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote