View Single Post
Old 31-12-2022, 12:25   #1864
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As Scottish Power is utterly useless they still haven’t started billing us at the new build we moved into at the end of June. So I’m still taking photos of the meters at the end of every month and keeping running totals of our consumption. The big unknown is what it’s actually costing us; we have moved from a super-draughty old house to a super-efficient new one (insulation, LEDs, new appliances) so my gut feeling is that the improved energy performance of the house is going to offset the energy price rises.

Although we’re not with Shell I used your tariff details to get a ball-park figure for our running costs since the beginning of September. I’m aware this means I’ve counted one month at what should be lower rates but I’d rather over estimate than under.

Based on your data we’ve used £366 in gas (£400 including standing charge) and £395 electricity (£455 with standing charge) since the start of September. I’d be curious to see other posters actual billed amounts for the last 4 months for comparison, if anyone’s happy to share.
4 bed detached, gas central heating, 3 adults.

We've used less gas each month except December, when we had the really cold snap and our 3 year old grandson was with us quite a bit - on average we've used between 10-15% less electricity, and 15-30% less gas as the same time last year (except for December, where we used around 15% more gas).

September £134.98 (last year £89.99)
Elec £99.31
Gas £35.67

October £189.90 (last year £106.65)
Elec £137.34
Gas £52.56

November £268.55 (last year 130.16)
Elec £159.37
Gas £109.18

December £373.36 (last year £148.94)
Elec £145.98
Gas £227.38

So, since the beginning of September, we've spent around £425 on gas and £542 on electricity (including standing charges).

Hope this helps...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote